Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Why I stuggle to post

So I'm a writer...and a reader... which means that I struggle with feeling like every word I put to paper, or keyboard in this case, must be profound, timeless, in short, astounding. Since God chooses to bless me with those type of things rarely :) I never feel like I have anything worth posting. We're working through that insecurity slowly but surely. Praise him!

What you can expect: that this blog will be as random as I am, that I will rant, praise, pray, be silly, celebrate those I love, pout, laugh, cry and just LIVE right here along with you. Please let me know if you have ideas or just have something you want to know.

Anyway, on to the real post now. :) So I've been house/dog sitting for my bestie this week and it's been a blast so far. Our dogs, both female, had never met up to this point. My sis's dog had been living with me for the last 2ish months and left about two hours before we came here. Liela (mine) was so happy to have me all back to herself she was racing through the house in celebration. Then, Oh the joy, I invited her for a car ride. You could practically feel the exultation in the air. As we pulled up to this fabulous house, I just knew she thought I was the greatest thing EVER for getting her this new doghouse!! So much bigger and more beautiful than her old one. We rush to the door, swing it open and...

Carly (hers), on the other hand, was not aware I see other dogs. She is always so excited to see me each day. The look of compete betrayal on her face as I opened the door nearly brought me to tears. All either of them could think to do for the first 5 minutes was walk in circles nose to...umm, well you get the picture.

They, being females and thus subject to green-eyedness, have been trying to work out who I belong to for the past three days. It. Has. Been. Hilarious. I would give anything to have the dog collars from UP so I could hear what they are saying to each other.

Anyway, they seem to have made tenuous peace since I explained that their mothers simply are going to be the closest of friends for at least the rest of their lives *sniff* so objecting will only lead to disappointment. Harsh, I know, but it seems to have worked. :)

At least until they start conspiring against us......


4 comments:

KK said...

LOL, we must get those collars!!!

AncientExpression said...

I might really be scared to know what she think of me most of the time but there are moments they would sure be handy!!

JoeyRes said...

Those dog collars were the only thing I liked about UP. I hope your pooches worked it out!

KK said...

Love the decorating you've done around here!